Friday, January 12, 2007

The Council Meeting

So our first Q&A was held last night. Unfortunately I though tit was tonight. Allow me to explain. My Q&A time slot is Friday at 12am. I thought that this meant to meet at Friday night turning into Saturday night. But NOoooooooo. Its Thursday going to Friday. If it wasn’t for an amazing bit of luck i would have completely missed the entire session, but as I lucked out i was able to miss only the first 20 min.



The Q&A was really great, we all got to talk about why and how we came to animation and what out motivations were. Our mentor, Randy Haycock, then talk a little bit about himself and his reasons for being an animator. After that we had enough time to ask a couple of questions. I asked how is it that he was able to stay in character when dealing with animating a scene that could last for day (in work time). He talked about researching your character and a method acting technique called recall. It was really fantastic. Already from the get go we started learning. Now, I am eager to start on the assignments even more so then before

No comments: